Your Udall Caribbean fine jewelry pieces are designed and crafted to last for generations; however, proper care is required to ensure the lasting qualities of your cherished pieces. We have compiled a few care tips to help you keep your jewelry safe and looking its best.
Use these simple guidelines to care for your cherished jewelry items:
- Always store your jewelry in a clean, dry place.
- Keep your jewelry in a fabric-lined jewelry case, or in a box with dividers. (If you choose to use ordinary boxes, be sure to wrap each piece individually in soft tissue paper.)
- To safeguard against scratches, refrain from jumbling your jewelry in a drawer or jewelry case. Be careful when removing your jewelry.
- Do not leave your jewelry on the rim of a sink where it can slip down the drain.
- Is your jewelry looking a little dull or tarnished? Use your jewelry polishing cloth. Gently remove tarnish from your sterling silver or gold jewelry by polishing with the white inner cloth. Finish by buffing to a high luster with the outer cloth, restoring the patina to your treasured Udall Caribbean pieces. CAUTION: Do not use a chemically treated cloth, including this jewelry polishing cloth, on diamonds, crystals, amber, or gemstones (e.g., amber, emerald, jadeite, lapis lazuli, malachite, opal, pearls, turquoise, etc.).
- Insure Your Fine Jewelry. Losing a piece of jewelry that holds special meaning and memories can be very devastating, and losing the dollar value of the piece only adds to heartache. Be sure to insure your pieces using a trusted insurance provider like www.jewelersmutual.com.
Care Tips: Summer Months/Warmer Climate
- No chlorine or salt water! Chlorine or salt water can damage and discolor metals such as gold and platinum and can slowly erode the finish and polish of gemstones.
- Remove all jewelry before going into a hot tub, swimming pool or salt water.
- To safeguard against film buildup, avoid wearing your jewelry when applying sunscreen, lotions, and in the shower.
- Use a clean, soft, slightly damp cloth to wipe jewelry after wearing to remove body lotion. This will enhance your jewelry’s luster and will ensure that it is clean before storage.
- After the summer season, take your pieces to a reputable jeweler for professional cleaning to help maintain the luster and shine of your fine jewelry.